Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

Is this available online?

I think I'm becoming a little feverish and the medicine that should make me drowsy is somehow keeping me awake, so here I am updating my blog.

This past weekend was the Locust Moon Comics Festival, which was a really great show. I sold all of three whole books (one of each item that I had available). I can't lie and say that I'm not a bit disappointed but I'm still in the early stages of attending shows and trying to "get out there", so I know I can't be too upset about it. I just have to focus on producing in greater number and consistency so I can feel content to call myself an artist instead of a guy who draws every now and then.

That said, there was one thing that did kinda bothered me at the shows I've attended this year and I don't think it's bad of me to complain...but a question that kind of irked me is the title of this post, "Is this available online?"

This seems like they're saying, "This is cool and all, but I don't really want to pay money for this." I mean, everyone is free to spend their money as they want, but it does sting a bit when this question is given as opposed to just asking if I have a website/blog.

Ah well, it's not a huge deal and I'm sure people get a lot worse, so I'm not going to dwell on it.

Now, on to the drawings. Below, are a few sketches from a hand-made sketchbook that I produced as a birthday present to myself. They're all from New York City subway.




No comments: